When is hurricane season? Be prepared.
Even though our area is approximately 150 miles inland from the coast it is possible for our area to be affected by a hurricane or for sure the outer rain bands of a hurricane. Back in 2017 Hurricane Harvey made landfall South of our area and affected many in our area.
When is hurricane season? For the Gulf of Mexico is it typically from June 1st to November 30th. The peak season being mid-August to late October. However, deadly hurricanes can occur anytime in the hurricane season or if the conditions are conducive for one. It is best to be prepared prior to entering the season. Here are some tips:
- Know all evacuation routes if you live close to the coast.
- Make sure your home meets building codes for withstanding hurricanes.
- Have the proper tools, supplies, and a first aid kit.
- Have plenty of batteries and flashlights.
- Always have plenty of non-perishable foods on hand and bottled water.
- Leave low lying areas.
- Secure outside objects.
- If called to evacuate, do so immediately.
If your home or business has been affected by a hurricane or flood water please give SERVPRO of Guadalupe & Gonzales Counties a call at 830-379-7474. We are here to help.